Please ensure you read these carefully and communicate all of the new rules to all club members within your family. A summary of the key points are copied below:
Although the news is extremely relieving, it is now over to you as Members to do the right thing to ensure our courts remain open. It is important that we do not undo the great work Victorians have done over the recent weeks with social distancing and hygiene practices. Our clubhouse will remain closed but there will be staff who will be sanitising regularly touched gates, handles, rails, toilets and there will be ample hand soap and hand sanitiser situated in the toilets.
- Members only.
- Alternate courts on each bank will be closed. i.e. courts 2, 5, 7, 10 & 13 will be closed.
- Social play only, no competitions initially and no guests.
- Singles or doubles in small groups of no more than 10 while social distancing. No more than 10 people at one time should be on each bank of courts.
- Stagger games to create a buffer between sessions for people to enter and leave courts.
- There should be no off-court gatherings. Arrive, play and leave.
- All members attending must sign-in, leaving name, date, time of play and phone number. The register will be inside the toilet block near the Coaches Room.
- Please consider restricting balls to your own use and consider labelling them with a permanent marker.
Attending tennis activities:
- Only people core to playing or coaching should be at the club.
- This includes at least one parent/guardian of younger children who must be present for the duration of the tennis activity, to comply with relevant Child Safety guidelines. All these people must always be able to observe social distancing .
- Everyone, regardless of their role, must arrive and leave as close as possible to when they need to.
Social distancing requirements:
- Keep 1.5 metres away from other people and no more than 1 person per 4m² while attending or taking part in a tennis activity.
- No more than 10 people at one time should be on each bank of courts.
- Remember no handshakes or high fives, try tapping racquets instead.
- Our Clubhouse will remain closed however the toilets will be open.
- Social distancing must always be practised.
- We recommend that members download the Australian Government COVIDsafe app.
To protect against infection, you should:
- Wash/sterilise your hands before, during and after you play – in particularly at the change of ends.
- Avoid touching your face while playing.
- Do not share water bottles and bring your own bottle, already full.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
- Be aware of what surfaces you touch and ensure you clean them after play.
This will be our new normal for a while and we thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Take care of one another and most of all stay safe!